Work passionately on behalf of the finest hiking and equestrian trail. Our work place matches the quality of trail that we steward. Join us.
The Pacific Crest Trail Association, headquartered in Sacramento, California is dedicated to protecting, preserving and promoting the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail.
Director of Communications and Marketing
This newly created position provides an exciting opportunity for a seasoned communications and marketing professional. Reporting to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer, and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Director of Communications and Marketing is responsible for the development of Pacific Crest Trail Association’s communications and marketing strategy. In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance PCTA’s brand identity; broaden awareness of its strategic plan programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences
- Create marketing/public relations strategy that will allow PCTA leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media
- Ensure all marketing and communication strategies support the organization’s fundraising, membership and advocacy goals
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization. Work with leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
- Oversee development of all PCTA print communications and electronic communications
- Lead a communications team with representation from all areas of PCTA’s work to support the development and execution of the communications strategy
We are seeking applicants with:
- Five to eight years of professional experience in a senior management role
- Bachelor’s degree required in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Demonstrated success in a non-profit organization
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Passion for PCTA’s mission
- PCTA Communications and Marketing Direction job announcement
- PCTA Director of Communications and Marketing job description
How to apply
Submit application by October 14, 2016. Please e-mail resume, list of three references, a letter of interest detailing applicable qualifications, and salary history to [email protected] with the subject Director of Communications and Marketing. Additional information on this position and Pacific Crest Trail Association is available at www.pcta.org. A pre-employment background investigation will be required.
Development Data Entry Clerk
In this fundraising position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Enter membership, foundation, and corporate contributions and update and create constituent records into the PCTA’s database
- Run direct mail statistics reports in Raiser’s Edge on a weekly basis
- Provide administrative support to the Annual Fund Manager and Director of Philanthropy
The Development Data Entry Clerk will assist in the goals of the Development Department by providing quick and accurate data entry of individual, corporate and foundation contributions. He or she will also participate in the development of best-use practices for the PCTA donor database. The Development Data Entry Clerk will have the opportunity to work with and learn from the PCTA’s Director of Philanthropy and Annual Fund Manager to develop new and improve existing fundraising systems.
The Development Data Entry Clerk is a part-time position of 20 hours per week. Hourly wage is $11 – 12 per hour, depending on experience.
We are seeking applicants with:
- Excellent data entry skills
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database software or similar membership database
- Two years experience in general office environment involving considerable computer work and data entry duties
- Strong computer literacy
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable talking with donors and volunteers over the phone and in person
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Interest in the outdoors
- PCTA Development Data Entry Clerk Job Description
- PCTA Development Data Entry Clerk Job Announcement August 2016
How to apply
Submit application by September 16, 2016. Please e-mail resume, list of 3 references, a letter of interest detailing applicable qualifications, and salary history to [email protected] with the subject Development Data Entry Clerk. Additional information on this position and Pacific Crest Trail Association is available at www.pcta.org.
Pacific Crest Trail Association is an Equal Opportunity Provider.