Work passionately on behalf of the finest hiking and equestrian trail. Our work place matches the quality of trail that we steward. Join us.
The Pacific Crest Trail Association, headquartered in Sacramento, California is dedicated to protecting, preserving and promoting the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail.
Trail Permit and Information Assistant
In this position you will have the opportunity to educate people about hiking, backpacking and horseback riding on the Pacific Crest Trail and track and fulfill permit requests. You will be talking to, and helping, a worldwide community of passionate Pacific Crest Trail users.
The Trail Permit and Information Assistant is a part-time staff position working in the Sacramento office. The time commitment required is sixteen hours a week beginning in September, 2016. Salary range is $11 to $12 per hour.
We are seeking applicants with:
- Hiking and backpacking knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma
- Some college preferred
- Strong computer literacy
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Consistent and accurate data entry skills
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to work with volunteers
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database software or similar database desirable
How to apply
Submit application by August 21st. Please e-mail resume, list of 3 references, and letter of interest detailing applicable qualifications to [email protected] with the subject Trail Permit and Information Assistant. Additional information on this position and Pacific Crest Trail Association at www.pcta.org.
Pacific Crest Trail Association is an Equal Opportunity Provider.