Work passionately on behalf of the finest hiking and equestrian trail. Our work place matches the quality of trail that we steward. Join us.
April 21, 2017
SEEKING TALENTED TRAIL WORK LEADERS
The Pacific Crest Trail Association, headquartered in Sacramento, California is dedicated to protecting, preserving and promoting the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail. The following staff position is currently open:
Trail Crew Technical Advisor
June 20-September 29, 2017 working in Washington
Lead the nation’s premier volunteer-based trail crew programs on the spectacular Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail. This is a great career-building opportunity for rising professionals.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with youth and volunteer trail crews, support corps crews, teach excellent trail work
- Coordinate and oversee projects on the ground along the Pacific Crest Trail
- Design and layout trail relocations
- Spend time outdoors and on the trail in Goat Rocks and Glacier Peak Wildernesses
The Trail Crew Technical Advisor is a full-time seasonal staff position working on trail projects in Washington for the 2017 work season. Weekly compensation will average $700-800. Seasonal employees whose originally assigned work schedule is greater than six months may also be eligible for insurance benefits. Dependable personal transportation, a good driving record, and auto insurance is required and mileage is reimbursed.
We are seeking applicants with:
- Minimum of two years of relevant professional experience or five years of substantial volunteer experience
- Experience in training, managing, and leading trail crews
- Backcountry living and Leave No Trace skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability and willingness to travel on the PCT in remote, backcountry locations, often requiring several days of backcountry travel and living
- Trail design and construction experience including GPS tracking skills and maintenance skills
- Proven experience in working with volunteers
- The ability to perform physically demanding trail work
- Excellent written, electronic and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Minimum basic OSHA compliant first aid and CPR certifications, wilderness first aid preferred
- Chain and crosscut saw certification desirable
Please e-mail resume, list of three references, letter of interest detailing applicable qualifications, salary history, time frame you are available for employment to Technical Advisor Hiring Team at [email protected] with the subject Technical Advisor. All attachments must include applicant’s last name on the file name. This posting will remain open until May 5, 2017. Additional information on this position and Pacific Crest Trail Association are online at www.pcta.org. For questions, contact Jennifer Tripp at 916-285-1853.
Pacific Crest Trail Association is an Equal Opportunity Provider.