PCT Incident Report

Please also visit our safety pages.

In an emergency, note where you are and call 911

In an emergency requiring immediate medical or law-enforcement response call 911.  Tell the dispatcher you are a Pacific Crest Trail user and provide your location (include name and approximate distance of nearest town and nearest road if possible).

Contact local law enforcement and use the official U.S. Forest Service PCT Incident Report Form

Suspicious or illegal activity that does not require emergency response should be reported as soon as possible to local law enforcement or local rangers. In addition, report all incidents on the Pacific Crest Trail using the U.S. Forest Service PCT Incident Report Form. PCTA would also like to be informed, so please contact us as well. A seemingly isolated incident may be linked to others—if they’re not reported, no one will make that connection.

↑ Back to top